USAMP PROJECT TECHNICAL ADMINISTRATOR SOUGHT
A consultant placement opportunity is now available for a project technical administrator with experience in the materials sciences and government agreements under the U. S. Automotive Materials Partnership LLC.
United States Automotive Materials Partnership LLC
Project Administration Job Description
Program/ Project Description:
Coordinate and participate in the development of projects for the United States Automotive Materials Partnership, LLC (USAMP. These projects will be focused on advanced materials research (polymer composites and/or metallic materials) in the areas of automotive body structure design/ analysis, and body construction. Emphasis will be on programs sponsored by government agencies such as the United States Department of Energy (USDOE). The individual will be involved with technical teams comprised of Chrysler, Ford, and GM engineering staff, the supplier base, and government representatives where required. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Interface with respective research and product engineering personnel and set program timing and deliverables
• Organize meetings and maintain records of meetings and data and report progress regularly to work groups and steering committee members
• Maintain thorough administrative and technical information records
• Coordination and/or participation in presentations and project updates to the USAMP steering committee, government representatives and others, as required.
• Review work product of R & D suppliers and make recommendations for approval and payment for the work
• Write project technical reports
Classification: Product Engineer
Responsible for coordinating and participating in the project management and contract administration of USAMP projects that have been awarded by government agencies (i.e. USDOE). This includes government Cooperative Agreement terms and conditions as well as compliance requirements, technical design narrative, support and development.
- B.S. /M.S. in Materials, mechanical engineering or chemical engineering from an ABET Accredited university. A minimum of 5 years industrial experience with an automotive supplier or an OEM with emphasis on body structure design and development.
- Program management capability, to organize short and long term projects. Knowledge of program management software is a must for this position.
- Knowledge of or Demonstrated ability to quickly learn technical and financial reporting requirements, prohibitions, and obligations associated with US Government contracts, grants, cooperative agreements, CRADA, and other transactions. Experience with the management of government funded research programs and service in a matrix organizational structure is highly desirable.
- The ability to develop long and short term strategies for vehicle light weighting to achieve future CAFÉ and regulatory green-house emissions requirements.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills especially with engineering and technical applications in conjunction with all level of management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
- Experience with CAE analysis is a plus
Interested persons should contact Saad Abouzahr (email@example.com) or Theresa Klix (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further direction regarding the application process.